Wednesday 13 March 2013

7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)7th Heaven by James Patterson
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Once upon a time James Patterson used to be a good writer, and now all those times seem to be stuff of legend, because what he manufactures nowadays, this can hardly be called writing, is too plastic, bland, unreal and BAD to be taken seriously. This book can be singularly called the worst book I have read in the past 15 months. In contention for the title were other Patterson novels like Sail and the 5th Horseman.

No plot, no characters to like this book was the perfect BAD CRIME NOVEL. When I had first read a Patterson, I thought he was one of the greatest. But, within a couple of readings I caught on to his style or trick, and could easily predict what is going to happen. He starts with two parallel plots, and then starts jumping back and forth between the two, and in the end like a dumb student who somehow just wants to finish his mathematics question, he finishes the book. Just like that!!!

Add to that, silly protagonists. The Women Murder club!!! How clichéd can this get. An all girl band trying to right the wrong. Sometimes I do wonder what happened to Marple and Millhone, but going by the sales of Patterson’s books it is evident that people not only read his books but like them too.

Just stay away from this book. Don’t read it. Stay away from James Patterson, because he gives crime fiction a bad name. And, don’t buy his books then you will have to read them!! Just like me, as I still have two of his books on my to-read shelf, which I had bought!!! Sigh!!!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment